Small houses are easier to build and maintain and with tiny house plans you will have a better chance of getting what you want for your home. They are attractive, compact and offer quality life to its inhabitants. Do not get fooled by the idea that only bigger houses can provide you and your family with greater happiness. How you allocate the small space for different purposes determines largely, the kind of life you may have in the house.
Good tiny house plans are integral to building a quality house. An efficient plan should combine comfort, style and optimal use of the space available. If you decide to build a small house, the plan should additionally aim at making the space appear larger than it actually is. Select from a multitude of tiny house plans which are tailor-made for smaller floor area.
It might sound like an oxymoron but good tiny house plans do offer you a lot of space. Well, these houses provide you ‘utility oriented space’. You would not find gaping corners or useless areas, which serve no purpose but demand equal attention. The other pluses that tiny house plans provide are:
- Low expenses: Small houses enable you to spend less money on power bills. The lighting can be adjusted in such a way that all your space will be covered under minimum possible number of lights. Be it summers or winters, you will not have to spend more on the heating or cooling of the house. You can save on your water and cleaning expenses as well. Your house will have less space to clean and hence you save substantially on water. Tiny house plans specifically focus on saving energy.
- Ensure more time for yourself and family: Large houses require you to spend time on them. It could be cleaning, dusting, or just arranging things. You are through with your cleaning quicker in a small house. What do you do during the time you save? This is something you can plan every day. Spend time with your family on weekends and on weekdays, spend time with yourself. Pamper yourself, read your favorite book; catch up with your friends, do shopping… the list is endless. Select such tiny house plans that ensure maximum utilization of smaller areas for keeping your daily chores simpler to finish.
- Low maintenance costs: Most small houses will not need heavy-duty painting, repairing, and yard up keeping or any other task for that matter. Weekends will be more enjoyable when your family spends time chatting and dining together rather than remain occupied with the maintenance of the house. Whatever repairs or maintenance you are going to have will be a few hour affair! Tiny house plans will not have any unnecessary structure for up keeping.
- Investment without baggage: When you purchase land for your tiny house, you are not likely you get into a giant debt. Needless to say, the land you need is going to be smaller than the one you need for a large house. As for building the house, you need not have to make a huge expenditure, as you can get hold of many economical tiny house plans. These plans focus on using your purchased area in such a way that you only gain from your investment. With a tiny house, thinking of having a debt-free retirement becomes a realistic goal. As time goes on you may choose to add to your tiny house plans as well depending upon your needs and desires.
- Organized home translates into an organized life: Your home says a lot about your habits. Large homes tend to encourage untidy habits. You may spend your entire day keeping your house tidy but your kids might never get the taste of a well-organized life. Empty spaces will end up becoming a haven for unused things. On the other hand, your tiny house will let you use every space. Everything will have a designated place. You will notice how your family automatically gets into the habit of keeping things organized. Small houses are easier to unclutter. Making this a priority with your family and your own tiny house plans will be a key part to keeping everyone happy.
The plans will aim at providing you a spacious area for each item you own. A general principle that is true for each one of us is that, we all use a set of items for doing household chores. Therefore, a single place dedicated for an item would be enough. Keeping this principle in consideration, you can calculate the exact amount of space you and your family needs. You can read a great article that shows tiny house plans through video here!
- Save on your daily supplies: The main disadvantage of having a large storage area is that it lets you buy supplies in bulk. Beneficial it may seem, but in practicality, much of the supplies tend to go to waste due to the lack of stocktaking. In a household, it is hard to follow storehouse rules of maintaining log of the supplies. As a result, many supplies perish while you keep bringing in new ones. Tiny houses give you storage as per your need. Bring in your supplies and keep them under your supervision. You will never end up wasting neither your supplies nor your money.
Tiny House On Wheels: A portable abode
You can also use plans that will give you the ability to have a movable tiny house that you can take along with yourself wherever you go. The idea might seem impractical at first but this kind of house proves beneficial to all who want to carry their world around. The problems like, grey water management and toilet can be solved in an eco-friendly way.
You can use composting toilet with waste tanks and for your grey water you can use grey water tanks.
The issue of heating your tiny house on wheels can be resolved by using propane electric heaters. As for cooling, you can install tiny fans or window fans, which would push away the hot air and ventilate your tiny house. Since your house is small and compact, only a couple of fans will do. Forget about spending a fortune on cooling!
Small is beautiful
Small houses are charming residences that have every corner put to best use. Tiny houses allow you easier connection to the outside world and a sense of integration with nature. With functional plans, you can have a warm and cozy place to live at an affordable price. Small tiny homes are liked by people all over the world, so get started today with your very own tiny house plans!
Be sure to click here to check out a great tiny house plans program so you can get started today living the lifestyle you’ve been wanting!
Step by Step Tiny House Plans
This video runs you through tiny house plans for a 12X24 structure. The person running the video presentation peels back the building of the tiny house one layer at a time. These specific house plans call for a loft, full bath, and a small kitchen. The animation shows how exactly the home gets pieced together one step at a time, from the floor framing, the decking, the four wall structure. The side walls are broken up into two pieces to make it much easier to lift, in case you are doing this by yourself or with one other person. You can only imagine how difficult it would be for one person to lift a 12X24 wall all alone.
The plans in this example show ballooned framed walls with a fire stop, how to strategically get the roof trusses into place. Windows, roofing, doors, siding, trim, front porch, and a pretty cool alternating step ladder. It shows the whole ball of wax and it’s all done with a computer program. It’s a pretty basic video that is fairly simple to understand how a building gets put together for even us novas builders. There are many options when it comes to plans and what exactly to build, I just found this video on Youtube during my research and thought I’d share it with you all.
Click the link to learn more about Tiny House Plans & Design Build Workshop, and come back to share any great ideas or comments – I would love to hear your feedback on the video and or workshop itself.
What You’ll Find When Looking at Tiny House Plans
When you consider looking for tiny house plans on the Internet don’t think that all you will find is bungalow type houses. You will find that a lot of living space can be found in these smaller homes. Whether your intention is to build a guest house or a starter home for a young newly married couple, you will find some excellent designs.
The definition of a tiny house that you will see on the net is from homes that are less than 1,000 square feet. Many of the house plans include two bedrooms with 1 bathroom, a combination living and dining room and an efficient compact kitchen. Any young couple would be very comfortable in one of these small houses. They just have to stay well organized. This is definitely a lifestyle decision when moving into one of these tiny houses.
One of the plans that I looked at showed a two story house with either two bedrooms or one large bedroom upstairs. The down stairs consisted of a full size living room with a bathroom placed under the stairs to the second floor and the country style kitchen on the other side of the main floor. The floor plans listed the house as having only 400 square feet, but that measurement only covered the down stairs living space and it referred to the upstairs as additional elevated living space.
Creating the Tiny House Plans is Step 1 – Next is Where to Keep it
I read that some families with extra large lots, will choose to build these compacts houses as a guest house for when they have guests visiting from out of town. There are also people that will build them and then place them into another family members or friends backyard, as seen in this video. This way there is a bit more privacy, and time to enjoy the new living arrangement or time visiting.
Some of the reviews include people that live in these compact houses full time, and they claim that there is plenty of space even with two children in the families that live in it with them. They talk about getting a larger house when their children are older and using the smaller house as a rental to produce some extra income.
Several of the sites I visited listed tiny houses that included homes I personally would not consider to be “Tiny Houses” square footage wise, but they were usually including the floor space from a loft or upstairs bedroom arrangement. The building plans for these houses specialize in the two story compact houses. By having a second story you can divide the downstairs area to include a small den and a larger dining area.
What do Your Tiny House Plans Include
There are some real estate agents that specialize in these smaller homes by selling to newly married couples because for them these tiny houses have plenty of room. These agents will also be able to introduce you to builders that are designing entire neighborhoods with smaller homes that appeal to people that are just starting out in their married lives. Some of the homes are being built to rent to college students. These builders have a good variety of plans for you to choose from.
When you go to take a look at the model homes in these small home communities you can see first hand just how much actual living space these adorable houses have. For those do it yourselfers who are looking to build your own, be sure to check out the Tumbleweed Tiny House Plans here, and then come back to our site to leave your feedback.
When I first started looking for tiny house plans, I thought that all I would find is tiny bungalow type houses. What I found instead is that you can pack a lot of good living space in what is considered a tiny home.
The definition of a tiny home is any house with less than1,000 square feet (or 1000 Sq. Ft.). The plans that I found include 2 bedrooms and 1 bath which is perfect for a young family just starting out. A good friend of mine is getting married next year and they’re thinking of having this house built as their first home, which I’m going to help with as a wedding gift.
Location is Still Important
The nice thing about these house plans is that you can build a beautiful home on a narrow lot. Since you don’t need a great deal of space to build it on, even a smaller cheaper lot will do and you won’t necessarily feel cramped in it. The lot my friends are looking to possibly purchase is pretty narrow and deep, so they’ll have an average size front yard with a nice deep back yard. Landscaping will be very easy and could yield some interesting perspective. Tiny houses may look small on the surface, or “from the curb” but inside the geometric use of space with today’s plans are architecturally incredible!
The house they are looking to build will last them for several years and will even be a great place for them to live in if they choose to stick to one or two children. Everyone will have plenty of living space until the kids get to their teens, then they will be ready for a larger house. Tumbleweed Tiny House Plans are great for starting out, but when your family grows you will likely want to get into a bigger house. Once you do move, you can sell your home to another budding couple!
Building an Addition
When I was talking to a builder I was told that these plans can even include houses up to 1500 square feet (not exactly tiny anymore is it!). This means you can add that third bedroom and a second bath. You could also choose to go with a larger, more formal dining area, or put in a separate family room. The beauty of building your own tiny house is that you can utilize the space any way you want. You work with the builders and the designers to get just the right fit.
When people first start thinking about tiny houses they don’t think this means “spacious” but rather tend to conjure up images of “doll houses” which is far off base. The “tiny” in tiny house plans doesn’t necessarily mean minuscule or cramped- rather it means smaller than a normal large house plan.
Searching for Plans Online
The Internet offers a bunch of cool information regarding Tumbleweed Tiny House Plans so I plan to investigate further. The first purpose of exploring this subject is because I live in a rural environment and thus have a house that is certainly too limited to actually make it possible for space for any guest bedroom. It would be good for relatives and friends to be able to come by without the need to commute back into town the very same evening, most definitely during awful weather.
Pondering this guided me to a unique vision. As an alternative to experiencing the headaches associated with tearing out an actual wall combined with modifying the actual house’s footprint to add a room, why not make a tiny and economical guest house? At the end of the day, every person could have their personal spot. The tiny guest home would likely come with its very own bathroom, room, sitting area and maybe even a modest cooking area. Those were my thoughts as soon as I decided I would look at the essentials of constructing a small yet self contained building, and that’s exactly when I came across the plans on the net.
Plans from Eco-Friendly Companies
It turns out that for more than a decade “eco-friendly” business owners have been creating and then constructing tiny homes for some individuals, in addition to living in the tiny house full-time. This means the plans that they present are based on tested styles and designs which have been built as well as lived in. Quite a few provide pitched rooftops and sleeping lofts; many others provide very high ceilings and therefore are built all on one level. The houses are usually “totally” rich in options, economical to operate, comparatively cheap to construct, and even within the actual construction competencies of most do-it-yourself fanatics.
Plans Big & Small
The particular plans I personally checked out were actually meant for dwellings which ranged from 65 sq ft of living area to a deluxe 777 sq ft. (Sleeping lofts were not used in square footage calculations.) Particulars include things like forecasted prices of building materials. Having lived in places no greater than 64 square feet with a loft space personally, I can also attest residing in a very efficient space is possible and comfortable if an individual will stay well organized. Furthermore, building a home from tiny house plans for guests is better then putting them on the sofa, especially if the home owner snores.